4101 Reservoir Rd, NW
Washington, D.C. – 20007
Tel.: (202) 944-6240
Fax: (202) 625-3009
The actions undertaken by the CNRS office are linked to both the CNRS’ strategic plan and the priorities of the ten CNRS institutes.
Development / Identification of North American Prospects
- Identify research centers and up and coming research teams
- Bring together French and North-American scientific players
- Foster the creation of International collaborative projects
- Monitor science and technology policy and activities in North America
- Provide information on key scientific fields
Act as a liaison between CNRS and North- American research agencies, higher education institutions and Federal agencies.
Assist French Scientists on assignment in North America and North American scientists on assignment in France.
Provide support for French-American collaborative activities such as:
- International Programs for Scientific Cooperation (PICS)
- International Research Networks (GDRI)
- International Associated Laboratories (LIA)
- International Joint Units (UMI)
Promotes CNRS scientific expertise abroad through field visits, workshops, career fairs and the organization of events geared towards scientific experts or the general public.
Provide French scientists in North America with information regarding scientific and career opportunities in France through a weekly newsletter: « Le fil de Marianne ».