French Series – Artificial Intelligence for the Benefit of Humans
WHAT: French Series – Artificial Intelligence for the Benefit of Humans
WHEN: Thursday, March 14, 2019 – 6pm-7:30pm
WHERE: La Maison Française – 4101 Reservoir Rd, NW - Washington, D.C. - 20007
PRICE: Free admission
RESERVATION: Online reservation required on Eventbrite
ADD. INFOS: Valid ID required, no parking inside the embassy. No large bags, helmets and suitcase.
What are the economic, scientific and ethical stakes of artificial intelligence? Will humans become obsolete in certain industries? Can we hope to see the creation of new jobs? Will AI affect our democracy by exploiting our personal data? How can we create an artificial intelligence that is responsible and respectful of human rights on a global scale? What controls and limits can be placed on artificial intelligence so that it becomes a tool for the benefit of humanity?
The Embassy of France is pleased to invite you to our next French Series panel discussion event which will be moderated by:
Steve LeVine, Future Editor at Axios
- Dr. Cara LaPointe, Adjunct Professor and Senior Fellow at the Beeck Center for Social Impact and Innovation at Georgetown University.Creator of the Blockchain Ethical Design Framework
- Jeffrey Brown, Manager, Future of Work & Artificial Intelligence at the Bertelsmann Foundation
- Alan Davidson, Vice President for Global Policy, Trust and Security at Mozilla
- Nicolas Economou, Chief Executive of H5 and Senior Advisor to the Artificial Intelligence Initiative of the Future Society at Harvard Kennedy School
Program of the evening
6pm - 6:45pm: Panel discussion
6:45pm - 7:30pm: Q&A session
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) When do the doors open at the Embassy?
The doors for this event will open at 5:30 pm.
2) What do I need to enter the Embassy?
You will need a valid photo ID and your Eventbrite’s ticket (printed or ready on your phone)
Please remember that for security purposes the name on the ticket must match the name on the ID.
3) Can I park in the Embassy parking lot?
Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate visitors in the Embassy parking lot. However, there is substantial space to park on the Embassy’s street, Reservoir Road.
4) Are there any items that are not allowed at the Embassy?
Yes. Please be advised that for security reasons, Embassy staff and security services cannot allow large bags or backpacks to be brought onto Embassy grounds. Any large bags will be confiscated at the entrance gate before the owner can be granted entry.